“The only limits in our lives are those we accept ourselves.”
- Miles Hilton-Barber
Join our team of fundraisers and do something inspiring! Here are just a few ideas:
- Take part in one of our events, such as Dress Bright For Sight or the Ey Up Mi Duck Race. Click here to find out what’s going on!
- Get active – run a race, get on your bike, or go on the trek of a lifetime. Find out more here.
- Organise a community event like a coffee morning or afternoon tea. Our free fundraising pack is full of ideas. Call our fundraising team on 01332 292262 for a copy.
- Team up with your colleagues and do something to make work fun and raise money at the same time.
- Become a fundraising volunteer and help out at one of our regular collections.
- Set up a regular donation or sign up for payroll giving.
- Join our lottery for just £1 a week and be in with the chance of winning £25,000!
- Do you have a shop or similar small business? Contact us to sign up for one of our collection boxes.
- You can also make money for Sight Support Derbyshire at no cost to yourself! We can recycle your old printer cartridges, and unwanted devices like mobiles, tablets and laptops. Click here to find out more.
- Sign up to support Sight Support Derbyshire when you shop online with easyfundraising.co.uk and it won’t cost you a penny! Find out more here.
Every penny you raise will help run our services for people living in Derbyshire. This could be helping a visually impaired child to explore arts and crafts while their parents take a well-earned break, or making the future a little less frightening for someone who’s losing their sight, with the help of a hospital volunteer.
Look at our Fundraising Gallery here, where we say a big thank you to everyone who's been raising money for us.
Sight Support Derbyshire helps around 9,500 people every year. Pioneering blind adventurer Miles Hilton-Barber was one of them. He became the first blind aviator to break the sound barrier. Find out more about him here.