Cyclone24 24-Hour Paracycling Challenge
12 noon Sat 3rd Feb - 12 noon Sun 4th Feb 2018
The Velodrome, Derby Arena
- Take part in the Cyclone24 challenge riding on the back of a tandem, piloted by a trained cyclist.
- You will join the challenge for 8 hours, riding the velodrome track for 20 mins at a time, cycling for a maximum of 2 hours in total.
- Free entry (usually £900 for a team of 6).
- Raise a minimum of £200 per entrant in sponsorship for Sight Support Derbyshire, helping local children and adults cope with the everyday challenges of sight loss.
- Suitable for visually impaired and sighted cyclists. Participants will need to be physically fit.
For further information and to sign up, contact our Fundraising Team on 01332 287027 or email email@example.com.
Whether you're training for your first 5K, or you're a veteran with 50 marathons under your belt, we're looking for keen runners to take part in events across the region to raise money for Sight Support Derbyshire.
Although most events have their own charity partners, you can usually run for a charity of your choice. If you'd like to run on behalf of Sight Support Derbyshire please contact us on 01332 292262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
X-runner organises the ultimate 5K or 10K mud runs and obstacle course races, and claim to have more mud than Glastonbury! Visit their website here to find out more about their events in and near Derbyshire in 2017. Why not run an event on behalf of Sight Support Derbyshire? Register your details with the Sight Support Derbyshire fundraising team at email@example.com or call us on 01332 292262.
Water Wipeout - 8th July 2017, National Watersports Centre
Wild Warrior - 23rd September 2017, Derbyshire DE6 3BN
Tandem skydiving gives you the opportunity to experience the thrill of freefall. You will experience 40 seconds in freefall and you will have approximately five minutes under the parachute. Just imagine freefalling at 120mph, falling amongst clouds, just like flying!
You will jump from up to 13,500 feet attached to your instructor using a specially designed dual harness. The instructor controls the freefall, parachute opening and landing, leaving you free to enjoy the stunning views and the sensation of freefall.
There is no better feeling than skydiving from an aeroplane when it's for fun and to raise money for charity, so why not give us a call for an experience to remember for ever? We ask you to raise a mimimum sponsorship of £500 to support visually impaired people throughout Derbyshire.
If you would like any information in any other format including large print, audio transcription or Braille please contact us.