Saying goodbye to someone close to you is very difficult. When a loved one passes away it can be a comfort to remember all the happy times spent together and celebrate their life.
One way to do this can be to make a gift to charity in their memory. It may be a charity which helped your loved one or one they held dear. It can be a great comfort to know that many people will be helped through this tribute to your loved one's life.
Making a gift to Sight Support Derbyshire in memory of one person will help bring light to the darkness of many people facing losing their sight. If you would like to make a donation to Sight Support Derbyshire there are a number of ways to do this:
- Make a personal donation today
- Ask for donations at your loved one's funeral
- Set up an online tribute fund
"Sight Support Derbyshire has been a real lifesaver - for me and my husband. You have helped him to focus on what he can do and helped him to access equipment and support."
Gifts made in memory of those who have gone before us are vital to our continuing mission to reach anyone in Derbyshire affected by sight loss who needs our help. Last year we received in memory donations totalling over £5,000 which is a fantastic tribute to those who have passed away. These donations enable us to do so much. For example, £5,000 could enable us to:
- Provide support, advice and information to around 210 people through our staff and volunteers at the Royal Derby Hospital Eye Clinic. A diagnosis of permanent sight loss can be devastating and yet is often given in stark medical terms. Our trained volunteers offer someone to talk to both about a diagnosis and about how this will affect their everyday lives. Offering both practical and emotional support, our Hospital Service volunteers are the first port of call for many people who come to Sight Support Derbyshire for help.
- Provide a range of after school and holiday activities for children and young people with a visual impairment for six months, giving them a safe place to try out new activities, make friends, increase their confidence and gain mutual support.
If you decide to make or collect donations in memory of your loved one we would like to offer you the option to have your loved one's name recorded on our online Thank You page and/or in our Book of Remembrance.
Thank you for considering making a donation to Sight Support Derbyshire, your kindness is greatly appreciated.
If you would like to receive this information in any other format including large print, audio transcription or Braille, please contact us.