What you will do:
- Offer a friendly welcome to visually impaired people at eye clinics, offering them the opportunity to talk and ask questions about their present and on-going situation.
- Explain the registration procedure and the role of social workers.
- Introduce Sight Support Derbyshire and other sources of help and support.
- Liaise with hospital staff, social services and other agencies as appropriate.
- Record appropriate information about each patient.
- Maintain adequate supplies of current information for patients, carers, callers and colleagues.
Skills you will need to have:
- Good communication skills, good organisation skills.
For further details on how you can volunteer please contact: email@example.com or call 01332 292262.
If you would like this information in any other format including large print, audio transcription or Braille please contact us.